Breaking News

Serena Williams' coach not focused on the past: 'She wants to win Majors'

Serena Williams will turn 38 in August this year, but she does not see her retirement from tennis coming. And her coach Patrick Mouratoglou does not see it either. The American cameback on the biggest stage in 2018 reaching two back to back Grand Slam finals, Wimbledon and US Open, respectively losing to Angelique Kerber and Naomi Osaka. When will Serena retire? 'It is very difficult to answer that question because it depends on several factors', explained Mouratoglou in an exclusive interview with Tennis World USA. 'First of all, her health, then her motivation. I think that if she has both, she can still compete and win Grand Slams for a few years thanks for her level and her champion’s mindset. I am sure that she thinks of beating the all time record of Grand Slams, but I don’t believe that it is her only motivation. She wants to keep winning Grand Slams because she feels she can and she loves that sport.'

In 2016 Mouratoglou had said that Serena should aim at 30 Major titles. Was it a too big exaggeration from him or could Serena have done more? 'I think she did great', recognized Mouratoglou. 'She decided to have a baby which is a personal choice that I totally understand. I don’t look at the past because we can’t change it, but I look at the future because I believe in her and I am sure she will win more Grand Slams.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SMH6wQ

No comments