Breaking News

Serena Williams: I am not supposed to win, but I expect to

Serena Williams has a lot of expectations from herself and so do people. In one of her press conferences at the Australian Open, the 23-time Major winner said: 'It's definitely not easy for me. From day one, I expect to go out and, quite frankly, to win. That hasn't happened. But I do like my attitude. I like that I don't want to go out here and say, I expect to lose because I had a year off, I've been playing for 10 months. I'm not supposed to win. I don't have that attitude. I have the attitude of, like, I've only been playing ten months, but I expect to win, and if I don't, it's disappointing. I rather think of it that way and know that it's going to happen sooner or later than making an excuse for myself. I don't like making excuses.'

Speaking about winning her 24th Grand Slam, Williams said, 'Right now would be Roland Garros because that's the next one, the next Grand Slam for me. But, yeah, I mean, 22 is close, 23 wasn't close, but 22 was close for a long time. 18 was close forever. Yeah, we'll see. I know there's a lot of things that I need to do, a lot of things I need to do to get better, a lot of maybe more just matches. I don't know. Whatever. I just feel like as close as I want to say that I'm there, I know that there's a lot more that I need to do to kind of get there. 10 months, soon to be 11 months, soon it will be 12 months. It just takes time.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RP7NV9

No comments