Breaking News

Tsitsipas: 'Playing doubles in Melbourne would have been waste of energy'

In a press conference at the Australian Open, Stefanos Tsitsipas revealed he had planned to play with Marcos Baghdatis in the tournament this year. In the end, they did not make it because Baghdatis had different plans.

'I asked him the other day, I sent him a message one week ago asking him if he's going to play doubles because we were going to playing doubles here. It was all arranged', said Tsitsipas. 'He loves qualies, but I was expecting he's going to stay to play. Then he texted me and said that he was actually in Cyprus. I had no clue, yeah, that we're not going to play doubles. We withdrew from doubles. I actually think it's a good idea. I will actually thank him later that he left for Cyprus. I think it definitely helped than having to stay and play doubles. Waste of energy.'

'I haven't talked to him, got in touch with him. But I'm pretty sure he's happy. We are good friends, so I want the best for him, as well. He's been playing years on the tour. I still want him to do well. I think he deserves to be playing well. He has a good game. I'm pretty sure he wants the same for me, so it's a nice connection that we have.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FW0PGK

No comments