Breaking News

Dave Sammel: I think mentally, Stefano Tsitsipas is special

Liam Broady and Marcus Daniell’s coach Dave Sammel recently spoke about the Greek sensation – Stefanos Tsitsipas, saying that he has the coolest head on tour amongst the young talent.

"I think it showed against Federer how cool he is under pressure compared to some of the other younger guys coming through," said Sammel. "I think mentally, he is special.”

"This new breed of player, and Tsitsipas in particularly, play very close to the baseline and he doesn't give ground away. He was able to match Federer in terms of time and play a similar game to the Swiss, but I felt he was braver in that he came forward more.”

"Tsitsipas is not just taking the ball early, but he is also coming forward to the net, and he showed that he is embracing that full on and getting that full mix of keeping players off balance by being prepared to serve and volley."

He further went to predict that Tsitsipas will become a multiple grand slam champion in times to come. "I can see Tsitsipas as a multiple Grand Slam winner because he seems to have desire and a cool head. I mean, you can never be sure when somebody wins a major because it can take a year or two where it really takes them getting used to their new status and it can overwhelm them somewhat, but I don't think he's the type. He's got that mentality that when he wins one he will want to win more."

He ended by saying, "I think Tsitsipas has such a great all-round game that going forward he is going to be a factor. I don't see him as a one-hit wonder."

ALSO READ

Roger Federer playing on clay in 2019 surprised me, says pundit

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Dvjasv

No comments