Breaking News

Rafael Nadal speaks highly of Stefanos Tsitsipas: 'It will be a tough one'

Rafael Nadal looks forward to facing Stefanos Tsitsipas on Thursday at the Australian Open. The 32-year-old Mallorcan is aware that it will be a difficult challenge. Tsitsipas had a great run so far having defeated Roger Federer in the fourth round.

'He's a player that what happened in the past, I don't know if going to have a great impact or not about what can happen, no? When you face these young players, they are in permanent improvement', Nadal said of the Athens native. 'He's confident. He won a lot of good matches. Will be a tough one. For me is always the same: you are in the semifinals of a Grand Slam, you can't expect an easy opponent. Stefanos is one of the best players in the world. To have the chance to be in that final, I need to play my best, and that's what I am looking for.'

Nadal added: 'I am playing well. I did a lot of things well during the week and a half. Let's see. I don't know. I can't predict what can happen. I am just going day by day and being very happy about the way things started for me, as I said before. Is very positive the way that I am in that semifinals. That's the only thing that I can say. Then I going to try to be ready for it.'

Nadal wore tape on his abdominal area. 'I am in semifinals. Is not the day to talk about this. Thank you very much for your worry. Things that happen during the tournament, that's all', said Nadal.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DvOO9q

No comments