Breaking News

Tsitsipas ready to win Australian Open title beating Nadal, Djokovic

Stefanos Tsitsipas feels confident about his Australian Open run. The 20-year-old Greek already defeated Roger Federer in the fourth round, he will now face Rafael Nadal in the semifinals and possibly Novak Djokovic in the final. Speaking to the Greek press, Tsitsipas said: 'It will be like the complete tournament [to beat Federer, Djokovic and Nadal].'

Tsitsipas added: ‘I’m happy to play with these opponents, I think they make me better and I learnt many things playing against them. I see it as a different experience when I face these guys that are the legends of the sport. ‘It helps me analyse what they do and what I just do to improve my game. I hope it happens I have nothing to lose there are only positives.'

On the support and the congratulations he is receiving, Tsitsipas said: 'Of course, I have a lot of messages. I have a lot of messages which I haven't replied to yet, otherwise, it would take too much time. But, yeah, people seem to care. I like that. That's a nice feeling. I'm happy that I reached my goal', he said about achieving a Major semifinal. 'But that's like the starting point to go deeper. That's like the minimum, I would call it.'

Tsitsipas will now have a day off before facing Nadal on Thursday in the night session, trying to deliver big tennis again.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FVRRt4

No comments