Breaking News

Watching Federer at the Australian Open from courtside is awesome - Alcott

Wheelchair player Dylan Alcott enjoyed a great experience at the Australian Open. Alcott said that Melbourne is his favorite Grand Slam.

Alcott finds particularly exciting the fact that he can meet the likes of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal or Novak Djokovic in the locker room. "I’m also going to get out there and try to see some kids and sign some tennis balls as well, so it’s hectic as", he told Nine World of Sports. "Not much sleeping but I learnt my lesson last year… I want to look after myself but the opportunity to sit courtside and watch Roger Federer as a broadcaster is pretty awesome as well. My priority is to win the Australian Open first and foremost but I love doing everything else as well. It’s also cool for someone with a disability, a wheelchair player, to be on the broadcast primetime like I was in the Fast 4 and now in the Open. Just to see a guy in a wheelchair rolling on the court to interview Rafa, if you told me five years ago I’d be doing that I’d tell you to get stuffed. I love it.”

“My favourite grand slam is the Australian Open. I live five minutes away. Roger, Novak, Rafa, Wozniacki, they don’t get a grand slam in their own backyard do they? I’m so lucky, it’s just so cool. But to not be able to play Wimbledon until now, it’s been a real goal of mine to get it in, I really lobbied for it and with the support of Tennis Australia and everything. Now they’ve put it in and I can’t wait.”

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2CKA6d0

No comments