Breaking News

You will always see late calls in such close matches, says Roger Federer

Some late calls happened during Roger Federer's fourth round match against Stefanos Tsitsipas at the Australian Open. However, the Swiss does not want to start conplaining about the umpire's job.

'In tight situations like this, you'll always see tight calls', Federer said. 'In tight calls, you'll always see mistakes from time to time. It's human, it's part of the game. I'm not going to start complaining about umpires and line judges. I used to play in the day when there was no Hawk-Eye, there were tons of those. You just move on with it. No, I think I mentioned it to the Swiss press a few days ago. I think maybe we should consider replaying a situation, you know, when somebody serves, the guy returns, there is a late call or such a late call called by an umpire, if it's really a late call. I feel like sometimes, for instance in the Karlovic-Nishikori match, there was one. I mean, could have cost Kei the match, but it didn't. Good for him. Sometimes there are very, very close calls, and there's a lot at stake. Maybe you could consider that. But I'm not saying it's no good what we have. I think they did a good job, to be quite honest.'

Federer will play the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship next in late February.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FYagp9

No comments