Breaking News

Andrew Castle: I think Andy Murray could be back

Former British number one Andrew Castle feels that Andy Murray can resume his career and try coming back on top in time following a hip surgery.

"I think he's going to be amazed and everybody will be amazed when he suddenly doesn't retire anymore," Castle said. "I actually think he's got a great chance, if he wants to, of coming back to play world-class tennis."

Castle further added that he feels Andy Murray will have a new outlook when he tries recovering.

“Anyone who has had hip surgery will tell you the quality of life afterwards is fantastic,” he said. “I think he could be back, if not this year then next if he wants to be. I really don't see why not.”

"Whether he looks at Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer and thinks he can ever compete with them again I don't know, but he's 31, he's fit as a fiddle, stubborn as a mule and his rehab will be world class.

"I do see him coming back if he wishes to play. I really would love that."

Jon Conroy, consultant hip surgeon at Yorkshire Hip Clinic, said. “He will definitely be able to play tennis again, however it's about whether you can get back to the function of elite tennis players. He's probably not going to achieve full fitness for six months or potentially longer.”

ALSO READ

Novak Djokovic: 2018 Wimbledon win over Rafael Nadal was my turning point

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RA4QTC

No comments