Breaking News

Daria Kasatkina shares how it feels like to be Russian No. 1 over Sharapova

Daria Kasatkina was supposed to face Maria Sharapova in St. Petersburg, then the former world No. 1 withdrew due to a shoulder injury. Kasatkina is the Russian No. 1, a role that was often covered by the five-time Grand Slam winner in the last decade. Asked how it feels to be the best Russian ranked player, Kasatkina replied: "Fine. I don’t feel any pressure being number 1б I am trying not to think about it."

Kasatkina feels confident for what's to come: "I feel much better now than before the start of the Australian series. Before starting the Australian tournament, I felt a little bit tired. I feel better now. Probably it’s because the fact that it is difficult to play far from home. Even though I am not from St. Petersburg, I am in Russia, I feel great here."

She was also asked about her feelings for the upcoming Fed Cup tie: "I am in a good mood, of course. I have not played for the national team for a long time, I really missed these feelings and playing on the team. Tennis is an individual sport, so I was missing this team spirit. I really missed this and I can’t wait to go to Poland all together.'

Kasatkina respectively lost to Aliaksandra Sasnovich and Timea Bacsinszky in the Sydney and Australian Open first rounds. She is definitely seeking a better result in the Russian event.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2G5Y86t

No comments