Breaking News

It took three years to write my book, says Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova gave an interview to the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy announcing her withdrawal from the event due to a shoulder injury. "With a big disappointment, I had to withdraw from the tournament in St. Petersburg. I plan to take care of my shoulder as quickly as possible, in order to be injury-free this year and also comeback in this unbelievable city and play there again", Sharapova said.

She loves competing in Russia: "A year and a half ago I came to Moscow, despite I had won a tournament the previous week. I felt so many emotions. When you play at home, it's something completely different. Despite I spent a lot of years in the United States, I still feel very strong emotions when I play here. The confidence comes from me when I achieve something in tennis. Or when my mum congratulates me. Parents very rarely congratulate me. The athlete needs to be confident.'

She finally spoke about her biography Unstoppable, My life so far. "I wrote my book for three years. It was a big hard work. I probably red half of the Russian part. Opening up in a book is so tough. The most difficult thing was to write on my childhood. I spent a lot of time with my father. However, when we moved to America I was still young and I did not remember everything. But my father rememebered everything and he was telling it with his own words. It was very interesting for me.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2TsO4aq

No comments