Breaking News

Rod Laver Arena does feel like a living room for me, says Novak Djokovic

Boris Becker had said it already before the tournament: "The Australian Open and the Rod Laver Arena are Novak Djokovic's favorite places in tennis."

In an interview following his triumph in Melbourne, Djokovic confirmed it: "It does feel like a living room for me. I am very comfortable playing at the Rod Laver Arena. I have definitely been playing my best tennis throughout my career on that court," the 31-year-old said. "Reliving those memories every year when I come back helps me to kind of raise my game to another level. Without a doubt this has been the most successful tennis tournament in my life. I am, obviously, very happy and over the moon with positive motions. It's [Sunday's final vs Nadal] ranked right at the top of all-time best quality tennis Grand Slam finals that I have ever played. Back-to-back... semi-final against Lukas Pouille and the final against Nadal have probably been the best two matches I have played under the circumstances and I am just grateful to experience this."

He also thanked his fans for the amazing support: "They have been amazing. I just want to thank them for their great support over the years. It's a big serving community in Melbourne and I have been feeling their love for so many years but this year they have been the loudest that I have experienced." 

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2UudhS2

No comments