Breaking News

Kei Nishikori gets back to practice, reveals where next tournament will be

Kei Nishikori's back injury does not look so serious. Barely a week after his Australian Open quarter-final loss to Novak Djokovic, when he retired being down 6-1 4-1, the Japanese player is back to practice at the IMG Academy in the United States. “Nice to be home. Back on the court! Working hard. Good week practice now and next week we go to Rotterdam", wrote Nishikori, who will make his first appearance ever at the ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament.

Meanwhile, the Japanese Davis Cup Captain Iwabuchi spoke about Nishikori's absence for the upcoming tie: "I talked with Kei Nishikori in Melbourne, he decided to give priority to his own matches over the Davis Cup this time."

In a press conference after his loss to Djokovic, Nishikori, who started his season on a high note winning at the Brisbane International, said: "I'm sure it comes from my past matches, especially last match. I was moving a lot, waste too much energy. Could be from that and also, yeah, something happened today during the match. So disappointed. Yeah, had a good couple matches this week, so... It's tough to lose like this, but I try to head up. I was trying. Like I said, after couple games, I couldn't really move, couldn't hit my serve well. Yeah, I don't think even if it's Novak, I couldn't beat anybody with my one leg. It was just too tough.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SlcXro

No comments