Breaking News

Novak Djokovic has the mission to be the GOAT, says father Srdjan

In an interview to RS the Novak Djokovic's father Srdjan said that his son Novak once got called by the Russia's President chief Vladimir Putin to attend the Russia-America hockey match at the Sochi Olympics. However, the current 15-time Major winner could not accept the request. 'Novak was playing a tournament in Dubai and he could not come. Novak is too busy because he has the mission to be the greatest tennis player of all time', said Srdjan.

Srdjan also spoke about his relationship with Russia: 'I was only once in Russia when the Davis Cup was held in Moscow. And my desire is to come again, to visit St. Petersburg. I have a friend there, Gennady Timchenko, honorary member of Serbia in St. Petersburg. He saved my life six years and a half ago. I has a sepsi, and here they did not have the condition to take care of myself and so he brought his airplane to go to Monaco. And if we waited a few more days, I would have died. So I own my life to Genadiu Timchenko. He is a great man and he loves Serbia and the Serbian population a lot!'

Srdjan also recalled when he, Novak and their family survived to the war: 'He was 12 years old and kids were playing on tennis courts in Partizan. These criminals wanted to make disorder in motherhood hospitals, buildings in the centre of the city... everything can be forgiven, but the fact that they shooted my country and my family is so unhuman that I have no words. Everything needs to be forgiven, but not forgotten.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Bk8wn7

No comments