Breaking News

Serena Williams' coach praises the Laver Cup of Roger Federer

The Serena Williams's coach Patrick Mouratoglou praised the Laver Cup founded by Roger Federer and his agent Tony Godsick. In a press conference last week at the Australian Open, Mouratoglou said that the team competition event is a unique tournament on all levels. "I'm happy that the Laver Cup exists because the Laver Cup showed that there is not only one way to show a tennis match", said Mouratoglou. "I'm not saying that all the matches should be like Laver Cup but there are a lot of very interesting things, and nobody believed in that kind of formats and we have to realize that everybody loves it because it has to be an entertainment."

Mouratoglou also commented on how it feels for him and Serena to be under the cameras very often: "I think it's great, and I think there should be much more of that, because I think -- I mean, if I speak generally, I believe our sport's fans get old, they are my age, to tell you how old they get, and I think we have to really worry about seducing the young generations with our sport. Our sport is very, very conservative, which is good because we respect the history of the game, that's great, but also we have to live in our times, and we have to be able to make the moves today so tomorrow our sport will still be one of the biggest sports in the world. And if we don't do it -- and unfortunately for many, many subjects, people don't do what they should do at the right moment, and after, they regret and they move too fast and do mistakes because they didn't do the right move at the right time, so it's a big subject."​

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2G9u9up

No comments