Breaking News

Alexander Zverev Says He Loves Being a Professional Tennis Player

Tennis - German Alexander Zverev says pursuing a tennis career has been a lot of hard work and it does not seem as easy as it may appear to people outside. In an interview to L'Equipe, Zverev says, "When we love doing something, it's always easy. I had parents (Alexander Zverev Sr, 59, and Irina Zvereva, 51, former pros) who knew what to do, a big brother (Mischa, 31) who played himself. I never felt alone on a court. But there was also a lot of hard work, with five-six hours of training a day. It may have seemed easy, but it never was. That was what I wanted to do. Point. Some are at university, study day and night and have fun on weekends, which I can not do. But I chose my life. And I love it. I like being on a tennis court, playing in big stages in front of a large crowd. I like to be in Acapulco right now. Who can do it?"

Speaking about his earliest memories on a tennis court and on the tennis tour, Zverev says, "These are mostly videos that my parents show me. It's funny because even when I was four, five years old, I could hit the ball for ten minutes without missing it! My first match on the ATP circuit ... I lost 6-1, 6-1 or something like that, I do not remember who (6-1, 6-1 against Frenchman Jonathan Dasnières of Veigy) . The funny thing is that I went back on the court thinking that I could win. I have always been like that."

Zverev lost in the finals of the Acapulco Open in Mexico last week to Australian Nick Kyrgios and earlier this week, he was beaten by German Jan-Lennard Struff in the second round of the Indian Wells Masters Series event.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2THlNRY

No comments