Breaking News

'All the stars will be in Miami' - Blake to welcome Federer, Novak Djokovic

In a recent interview, the former world No. 4 James Blake says he feels excited to welcome all the best stars in the world to the Miami Open, that will take place for the first time in its history at the Hard Rock Stadium. Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and all the others are set to compete in the event. The American said: “The new stadium means the event gets to stay in Miami, and all the amenities are going to be first class from upgrades throughout with the restaurants, locker rooms, parking and more. It is fun to have so many legends at the event. All the stars will be here.”

On the "competition" with the other eight Masters 1000s, Blake added: "I think it seems to me not something you want to fight for or compete with other events. I’d rather grow the game as a whole. I do think this is one of the premier events along with the Grand Slams, along with Indian Wells, along with all the other Masters Series [events]. I don’t want to start getting into a “we can do this, they can’t do that”. As a player, I always wanted the entire sport to get better, not for one event to overshadow all these others. I want the sport to grow as a whole. We would want to be considered that fifth Major but I never felt like it stopped being considered that. I respect it so much being an American player, I always wanted to do well here. I just want the game to continue getting better and this is a way that the game gets better we keep the event in Miami, by having it at Hard Rock stadium, we keep the history by having it in Miami. It’s not something where we are trying to outdo this tournament or outdo that tournament. We are just going to be as good as we possibly can here in Miami."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Cq46LV

No comments