Breaking News

Belinda Bencic: Roger Federer was always checking up if I was doing better

In a press conference in Indian Wells, Belinda Bencic commented on how Roger Federer helped her to go through injuries and tough times. The 22-year-old said: "Definitely, he was always checking up if I was doing better. Even last year when I got injured in Miami, I ask him, you know, and his physio took a look at me. And actually, you know, he tried to help me with, you know, getting the right people for my injury because, I mean, he's a pro at everything. Definitely, he gives me advice. So I was really happy he was checking on."

Asked if she was kind of jealous in seeing the other young players like Naomi Osaka and Jelena Ostapenko having success at an early age, Bencic replied: "No. Honestly, no. I think always someone is no. 1, so you don't feel, like, Oh, I should have been there. I was just really focusing on getting back to the court. I was really happy with my recovery. When you're injured, you don't compare yourself to players that are playing currently. Obviously, I was following tennis and I was really happy for them that it was working out. As I said, the '97 generation, we are so strong and we all are pulling each other up and inspiring each other. Obviously, they inspired me, and maybe I inspired them. I think it's a win/win for everybody."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OecEdn

No comments