Breaking News

Borna Coric to be without coach Kristijan Schneider for rest of season

Rising Croatian star Borna Coric has announced that he will be without one of his coaches for the rest of the season. 

The 22-year-old's coach Kristijan Schneider is forced to step away from the tour due to health issues. 

However, world No. 12 Coric's coaching staff still features a well-known coach Riccardo Piatti. 

The Croatian remains optimistic that Schneider will return to his coaching staff next year. 

Schneider and Piatti played a key part in helping Coric to achieve a breakthrough season last year. 

"I am really sad to announce that Kiki Schneider is not going to travel with me for the rest of this season due to some health issues. He is still a vital part of my team and hopefully next season he will come back and we will rock stronger than ever," Coric announced on Twitter. 

"We've known each other since I was a kid and Kiki was always there for me when I needed help. In the last 15 months since we've been working together on a daily basis, he made a huge impact on my career and was a big part of the great season we've had. Stay strong my friend." 

Meanwhile, Coric is in Miami as he is preparing for the Miami Open

The Croatian didn't impress at the BNP Paribas Open as he lost in the Indian Wells Masters second round to Ivo Karlovic. 

Coric will certainly be motivated to bounce back in Miami and have a good campaign at the second Masters 1000 event of the season.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TEBucg

No comments