Breaking News

Dominic Thiem explains plan to beat Roger Federer

Dominic Thiem expects a difficult match against Roger Federer in the final on Sunday in Indian Wells. Speaking after his three-set win over Milos Raonic, the Austrian said: "It's always something special to play him and also something special to compete in a Masters 1000 final. It's only my third one. I know it's going to be very tough, but same time, I will give everything to hopefully win my first title. My goal must be to be the first who attacks and seeks the point, but I know of course that‘s exactly what Roger also plans to do",Thiem added speaking to SRF.

Thiem had never gone so far in a Masters 1000 hard-court tournament, which is not surprising for him in some ways: "I was preparing here for 12 days before the tournament. That helped, of course, a lot. This surface and also the one in New York, for example, it suits me pretty well because it's bouncy, especially during the day. It's not too fast, so it's a little bit more similar to a clay court. The biggest adjustment is the moving, that I cannot slide around."

Analyzing his loss, Raonic added: "There were definitely some things I would have liked to do better, but I thought I competed and I tried to figure things out as best as I could. It's the way it goes. He played well. He did the smart things and he did the things better at the end. He was pushing me back. He wasn't missing many first serves. Then he was aggressive from the very first ball. There wasn't many times that I got to be on the offensive on the return games and when I did, I wasn't efficient about taking advantage of it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FjQFyZ

No comments