Breaking News

Facing Novak Djokovic would have been a lot of fun, says John Isner

John Isner would have loved to face Novak Djokovic in the Miami Open quarter-finals. After his win over Kyle Edmund, the American player, who is competing this year in Miami as the defending champion, said: "I have played him a bunch of times and have had some success. Most of the times I haven't. If I play him, it will be a huge challenge for me. It will be a match that will be a lot of fun."

Djokovic, however, lost to Roberto Bautista Agut in the fourth round after leading by a set and break, 1-6, 7-5, 6-3 which now means, the Spaniard and the American will fight it out for a place in the semi-finals. 

Isner feels comfortable playing at the Hard Rock Stadium: "I really like center court. I said that after I played my first match. I appreciate the fact that I have played every match on there, and I think as long as I keep going, I'll probably stay on center court. So I really like the court. I like the fact that the shade comes over it right around 2:00, but playing at 12:00 can be a bit tricky, because, you know, the top of the stadium is toying with the sun a little bit. The sun is kind of half guarded, half out. It's pretty difficult. I think it was difficult for both of us today. think all of the players on the ATP and WTA were a bit maybe, I guess, interested in how this tournament was going to turn out. For me, personally, I absolutely love it. I think they have done an incredible job, and I think moving the tournament here has been a big success. I think you can look at the weekend attendance records that this tournament has set this past weekend. It's pretty amazing. So all in all, they have done a great job here. I think the fans here are enjoying their time, as well, which is the most important."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UZe6mx

No comments