Breaking News

Garbine Muguruza: 'Beating Serena Williams thrice gives me many signals'

Garbine Muguruza is one of the few players who does not have a losing record against Serena Williams. They are tied on 3-3 in the head to head meetings, after that the American retired from their third round match in Indian Wells on Sunday. "Yeah, I think it's great. I mean, the fact that I have been able to beat her a few times, it gives me a lot of signals, like, I have a good level", said Muguruza. "But, you know, everybody has a different style of the game. There are some players that, you know, it's harder for them to play certain players."

Muguruza feels she has been making improvements lately: "I have been, especially from last year, having a little bit of lower results. I did a lot of work in my body, in tennis. I work harder to kind of come back and be stronger. Yeah, I guess it's probably that. I don't know (smiling)."

Analyzing the match she won over Serena, the two-time Grand Slam winner added: "I think she started very well, the first games, and I also came back and started to play better. I don't know. Probably at the end of the first set or in the change of sets that I saw the trainer was on the court. Sometimes she serves really hard. I feel sometimes she chooses the right location. I don't know, really. Yeah, at the end of the first set, I felt that maybe she wasn't feeling well. Yeah."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2T6GB04

No comments