Breaking News

Roger Federer: I draw inspiration from Jimmy Connors' record

In an interview to Tennis TV, Roger Federer gave his thoughts on possibly breaking Jimmy Connors' 109 titles' record. The Swiss player said he is not obsessed about achieving the milestone. "What Jimmy did was very special, no doubt about it, because he played for a long time, he won the US Open on three different surfaces, that won't be possible for us, our generation because it's stuck on hard court now, so he has so many cool records that can never be broken or achieved and I know probably that a lot of people are gonna say, Now you have to reach Jimmy Connors's record, but I am not that kind of guy even though people may think I am. I draw inspiration from it but I am not here to shatter everyone's records out there, and he is a special player, a special legend in the sport and if he keeps that record it's all good, I am just happy to have reached 100 in my career," said Federer.

Federer also spoke about the keys to success in Dubai: "I have been coming here ever since 2002 and my eight title just now and that goes in connection with the 100th and I also spent a lot of time here in the off-season getting ready for Australia and other places like Shanghai and I think it's definitely a bit of a home-court advantage for me here to some extent but also I just seem to play well in February, also last year winning Rotterdam this time of the year, it works out for me but winning here again tonight was definitely a crazy moment in my career, no doubt about it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Hu6apy

No comments