Breaking News

Tsonga explains how Roger Federer,Nadal, Djokovic manage to stay at the top

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga feels proud of his longevity. The Frenchman made a successful attempt to get to the top of tennis again and in an interview to We Love Tennis, he admitted that trying to improve all the time was the key. "In order to stay at the top all these years, I had to evolve", said Tsonga. "Tennis changes every year, players get stronger and the best guys are forced to reinvent themselves in order to get even more success. Being in the top 10 or close to it for almost a decade I changed my game and I keep doing it. I have the desire. And there is also an off-court life. So I am changing my game and my career in a good way."

On the illness that did not allow him to travel to Indian Wells, Tsonga added: "I had known it for some years and I got aware about it only lately. For me, it was important to explain because it's not easy to stay at the highest level. All of us have our struggles and this was part of my career. I have to deal with it. Now I work with a mental coach to accept things and go forward."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2T4hPNY

No comments