Breaking News

Horacio Zeballos: I am as happy as when I beat Rafael Nadal

Horacio Zeballos experienced one of the most important moments in his career having won the Indian Wells doubles title with Nikola Mektic earlier this month. Speaking to Diario Ole, Zeballos said: "It's a nice feeling. The night we won the semi-finals, knowing that we would play a final, with the adrenaline (rush) I had I could not sleep very well. Now, I am focusing on doubles, achieving something like this is like completing an objective, and really very good. If I think about the final against Nadal, a player like him, it will be the most important title and the result of my career until today. But now I am as happy as when I won in 2013," said Zeballos, who upset the Spaniard in Vina del Mar when Nadal was playing his first tournament in seven years.

Zeballos also shared why he chose Mektic as his partner in Indian Wells: "I looked for him because I wanted to have a solid partner, (one) who returns well. He gives me confidence and consistency in his shots. He is very solid from the baseline, he moves well at the net and he makes less unforced errors."

On how important playing doubles is to him, Zeballos concluded: "I found a balance. I felt that in the singles I gave everything, a lot, and now I wanted to switch to play doubles, because the singles makes you much more tired and I have two kids. I know that's the most important thing. I will not play singles again."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2JLUP6V

No comments