Breaking News

I couldn't cheer for anyone during Roger Federer-Wawrinka match - Bencic

Tuesday was a very good day for Switzerland in Indian Wells. Belinda Bencic first defeated Naomi Osaka on the women's side, then Roger Federer prevailed over Stan Wawrinka in the third round. In an interview to The Tennis Channel, Bencic was asked if she would see the match. "That's a very unfair question, I have to be very Swiss, very neutral, so nothing. But I am super happy I played that fast so I can watch the match," said Bencic.

Analyzing her win over the world no. 1, the 21-year-old added: "I think I played a great match, I was there from the start and I am really happy with the performance. Of course, it was not easy as the result says and also I did not expect it like that."

Bencic is on an 11-match winning streak since her Dubai Open run, and she does not want it to stop here: "You really know to get that matched toughness and you are really confident so you feel like no matter the score you are always focused so it's the experience and you are really confident.

Analyzing her next match, Bencic concluded: "I have not thought of my next round, first of all, I am really happy with the win, i think we will celebrate it a little bit and then tomorrow getting ready for the match. We are both great players."

Bencic had a stunning year so far after having been sidelined from the WTA tour because of injuries. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TCLSBC

No comments