Breaking News

I may play tennis again, but I won't be in a rush - Andy Murray

Speaking to reporters in London at the Queen's Club announcing his partnership with Castore, Andy Murray was asked if he can play tennis again on the professional tour after undergoing new hip surgery in early February. "It’s possible", said Murray, who lost to Roberto Bautista Agut in the Australian Open first round. "In terms of time-frame, I don’t want a definitive time to try to rush back. This is a big surgery and operation that I’ve had. I need to be smart with that and see how it progresses. So far, it’s been good. The main reason for me having the operation was to not be in pain anymore, and I’m not. I’m delighted with that. What happens next, I don’t know exactly. I will do the best I can and see what is possible. If I could play at Wimbledon, I would love to. Of course it is my favourite tournament to play. But I would hate to go on the court at Wimbledon and for something bad to happen. Or to feel really bad and apprehensive and for it to go really badly."

Murray also revealed his private conversation with his surgeon: “It just felt right having spoken to her. I didn't want to be told: 'You're going to come back and win Wimbledon in five months, and it's going to be perfect,” because I know that it's not the case and that nobody in their right mind could promise me that, because it's not been done before. She told me the truth, honestly how she felt about it. She didn't say to me, 'Never try and play again.' It was: 'Just be realistic and this might not work out. But what I can guarantee you is your pain will be gone.' And that's happened. That's why I went with her.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HdbG0i

No comments