Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka: 'There will always be players hitting one-handed backhand'

In a press conference at the BNP Paribas Open, Stan Wawrinka commented on the one-handed backhand. The Swiss player feels that this shot will keep existing tennis thanks to Denis Shapovalov, Stefanos Tsitsipas and the upcoming stars. "I think in the past there have always been few players at the top of the game with a one-hand backhand, and that didn't really change in the past 10 years. I think in general you will always have a player with a one-handed backhand. I love to watch. I think it's always nice. It looks most of the time really clean. You can make more shots from it. But, yeah, I think it's a tough decision if you're gonna give kids one-hand or two-handed backhand", said Wawrinka.

Is he for it or against it for kids? "I think you need to see how the kids are playing. You need to try and see."

The 33-year-old added: "You adapt to the player you're playing, no matter if he has one-handed, two-handed. Then there is a player who plays a lot of slices, more than almost any player on the tour. You have to adapt your game for that, that's for sure."

Wawrinka was asked a lot of questions about Chris Kermode leaving the ATP Presidency: Can we talk about something else? I think I've been giving you enough already (smiling), so please don't put me too much. I'm okay to always talk about what I feel, what I think. I'm not saying I'm right. I'm just saying that's only my opinion. I don't care what's gonna come out for it because, at the end of the day, it's just what I feel. But I'm not here to talk only about that."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2NUTqtb

No comments