Breaking News

I want to win as many Grand Slams as possible, says Novak Djokovic

In a recent interview, Novak Djokovic commented on his long-term goals and come back to the top following a long break due to an elbow injury. "My goal is obviously to win a Grand Slam and get as most triumphes as possible. But what I first want is to find a mental balance, a stability", said the Serb, who conquered his 15th Major at the Australian Open.

"I did not think that I would recover my best level when I hurt myself in 2016", he admitted. "It's something that always stays in your mind. You gain experience and maturity. You come back stronger mentally. Every step you make is a challenge. For me, the surgery was my last option, not the first and the second either. Every year I face different challenges and each of them is an opportunity to be better. You need to find goals and know what you want to achieve, but one of the biggest lessons that I learned in these months is that destiny is not more important than the journey. I have to be more careful in embracing everything later. My professional goals keep being the same I had in almost my whole career: winning as many Majors as possible. But my main goal is to stay healthy and balanced in order to have a better opportunity for the sports goals.'

Djokovic also said that fatherhood is the best thing it ever happened to him and the biggest challenge. "I was playing with my son and people asked me to take a picture. He asked me who they were and I told him that sometimes I played tennis. I do not look for recognition for my children or parents, my happiness does not depend on it. Being a model for my children gives me a bigger responsibility when I head into the court and it hurts when they tell me why being on a tennis court is better than staying with them."

Djokovic recognized that the tennis court is a life school for him. "One of the reasons why I keep playing is because I do not see a better place to keep evolving the way I do on a tennis court."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TcrdPJ

No comments