Breaking News

Juan Martin Del Potro: I was thinking horrible things during my injury

Juan Martin del Potro played the Delray Beach Open in February, making his first appearance on the tour since October at the Rolex Shanghai Masters when he fractured his knee "[I was thinking] horrible things," said del Potro. "I thought that was the final of my life. I got the fracture in the knee that I never expected to have. After bad days I started believing in my doctors again that I’ll play tennis soon and I think I’m in a good way again to be competitive. After four months, I’m going to be playing a tournament, which is good [recovery] time. But I know how difficult it is to be ready for playing in the big events and holding the top positions in the rankings and I know this way because I had it in the past. But this is my life and I know how to deal with these problems.”

Del Potro feels confident that he can get his best level again although he is aware that it will not be easy: “I have the experience doing comebacks, but it’s not good for me and for other players. I know it takes time and then you have to be having enough confidence to move 100 per cent, to feel the body in good shape and then the tennis part comes,” Del Potro said. “First of all I have to be healthy, and then I will start to think about tennis. But Delray Beach is a good time to see how my knee works during a match and then we’ll decide where’s going to be next.”

Del Potro, unfortunately, had to withdraw from both the Mexican Open in Acapulco and the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells. He was the defending champion in both events. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HtufN3

No comments