Breaking News

Kohlschreiber tells Alexander Zverev not to play in Munich every year

Philipp Kohlschreiber looks forward to competing at the BMW Open in Munich. The German player won the 2011 title there and this year he will feature as a defending finalist having lost last year's final to his compatriot Alexander Zverev who will try to retain his title. Kohlschreiber feels Zverev's appearance in the tournament makes his chances of getting the trophy lower. "What is on my hand is to give my best. I am also pretty realistic, Sascha is just 21 years old, if he will be here every year - please do not do it - he will set a record", said the 35-year-old in a conference call with the tournament organizers on Thursday. "Everyone knows that the BMW Open by FWU is my favourite tournament on the ATP Tour. It is a highly professional tournament with a family environment. Players feel comfortable here."

Kohlschreiber feels at home playing in Munich. "I got my first wild card for the main draw at the BMW Open at 16 years of age. For me that was a start to the great world, so it's nice to comeback where everything started."

Analyzing his win over Novak Djokovic in Indian Wells, Kohlschreiber had said: "Took on the big stage against him and played great tennis. And continue to do that today was, yeah, it's very great. I move around the court quite well. Defending skills are not that bad. I have, on both sides, I think good striking power."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Uaqy5L

No comments