Breaking News

Mikaela Shiffrin: 'Roger Federer is my biggest idol.I love Djokovic, Nadal'

In an interview to Idnes, the American skier Mikaela Shiffrin commented on what her main idols are. Shiffrin mentioned many tennis players: "Roger Federer is my favorite. But I love Djokovic and Nadal too. I liked watching Andy Murray and I am excited by Dominic Thiem. Obviously on the women's side Serena Williams and it's so emotional now to see Naomi Osaka. She has a real style, she is strong. Hopefully, she continues like this."

What sport would Shiffrin have liked to be good at beyond ski? "Wow. Difficult to say. If I could really choose something I would be good at, I take tennis. That would be a dream. But ski is already enough for me."

On Miss Ester Ledecka, Shiffrin added: "She is super cool. She is not here for the snowboard, which probably tells about her entire story. I can only imagine how difficult is to be the best both in ski and snowboard. It's something amazing for all of us. But she is a good person. She is relaxed, but so focused on what she does. And very funny."

On what's next in the ski season, Shiffrin concluded: "We are all tired now but I am looking forward to it. Spring is coming, it's almost summer. I love winter, but the summer too. The environment at the World Cup is a more relaxed one."

Shiffrin and Federer had an advertisement video together in Chicago

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HNSW7j

No comments