Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios explains why he hit undearm serve against Rafael Nadal

Speaking on Tennis Channel in Miami Nick Kyrgios commented on his underarm serve winner hit against Rafael Nadal in Acapulco last month. The Australian was targeted as a "disrespectful" guy from the Spaniard. Kyrgios explained the reasons behind his particular tactic: "Especially with Rafa, I was feeling my legs and starting to cramp up so I wanted a free point at any cost. He was standing behind the baseline so I thought the underarm serve, try to break his rhythm a little bit. But social media took the other person’s side, but I am alright with that. Imitation is the first form of flattery. I saw a lot of guys actually using the underarm serve and I think it’s a tactic for sure."

Kyrgios suffered a knee injury earlier this year and he had to make some changes in terms of off-court life: “I think I had to layoff the basketball a little bit. I was playing a lot in pre-season. That’s the question about my career right now; Am I prepared to do the best for it. I went to Dallas and trained with Michael Johnson in the academy and got some treatment. Have stopped playing basketball completely so it is feeling good.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2U9Zaol

No comments