Breaking News

My idol is Roger Federer, his behaviour is great - Promising player

In an interview to Tuttosport, the young Italian promising player Jannik Sinner commented on his improvements. Speaking about his beginnings in tennis, Sinner said: "In the beginning, I tried a lot of sports, pushed by my father, and tennis was just a hobby. I was playing ski, because of my origin, and I was not bad. But tennis made me more satisfied because it makes me have a bigger desire to play. The fact that a match is much longer than a ski race is more motivating. And also less dangerous, because in ski you can get hurt and miss the entire season. I initially struggled a bit because you are away from home, my family, Friends. I get suited to it pretty quickly because I found an ideal environment to grow in. So tennis became my daily job. I train five to six hours a day on court and at the gym."

Sinner won Bergamo Challenger and Trento Futures. "These are just two steps in my growth process even if winning is nice. The first one was in a way even easier because it came from nothing and I had not started the season in a too good way. The pressure increased as the tournament went on but I was able to end it. The second one was tougher, even if a difficult first round I played pressure free. I was in the spotlight and that's normal. My parents do not put too much pressure on me, which is the key. But I appreciate it."

On his inspirations, Sinner added: "My idol is Roger Federer because his gamestyle and easiness are great. As well as his on-court behaviour."

Sinner's coach Riccardo Piatti said: "Jannik is a hard worker and he has all the elements to become a high-level player. We are working on making it happen and the goal now is not the results but seeing him grow and going step by step. He is focused, aware and does things with great easiness. So making a plan is easier. His answers are never banal ones, both on the court and off it. Now we are preparing the clay-court season."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Uk9ASt

No comments