Breaking News

Roger Federer shares how he enters relax mode after match

In an interview to ESPN, Roger Federer commented on how his state of mind is when he finishes playing in a tennis match. The Swiss said: "The moment I leave the court or the match is over I go almost in a relax mode, going to be ready for another match tomorrow and not getting too tired. I really see separate the person and the player, so I am a person until I am on the practice court or I go on the television but being able to relax once the game is over, it may be one of my biggest qualities I have. That's come naturally for me. It's the only way to go. Rafa is on the other extreme, he is high and up, he is focused and it's amazing that we can all do it differently. I admire the way they, Novak Djokovic and Rafa Nadal, go through it."

Analyzing his win over Daniil Medvedev, Federer added: "The problem was that he was never really getting in my serve game that much so you never gain rhythm but at the same time I think he did a good job in the second set."

Federer finally commented on his love for the game: "I love to compete for more than I practice even though I learned to enjoy practice and there is always something to improve, tennis is very interesting for that but at the end I am a match player, I always want to be on the match court than the practice."

The 37-year-old Basel native will play the Miami Open final against the American hero John Isner, who is the Miami defending champion.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OxyybI

No comments