Breaking News

Nadal: 'I would love to play Madrid and Miami, but I can't be everywhere'

Rafael Nadal did not deny that he could skip both Miami and Madrid events. A few weeks ago during the Mexican Open in Acapulco, the Spaniard had spoken about his schedule until the French Open and he did not include the two events previously mentioned. In a press conference in Indian Wells, he said: "My normal schedule is, as I said there, I have to think about it always. I need to do things the best way possible to avoid years like last year have been a very tough year for me. I suffered a lot in terms of injuries. So I want to try to suffer less because mentally is tough to play only nine events per year and finish only seven.

So that has been a tough one. If you play nine events because you only want to play nine events, good. But if you play nine events because you have been under a lot of troubles, then the situation is different. I try to avoid that in my calendar. Going to go in that direction always thinking about what's better for my future and for my body. So I can't tell you one thing or another thing. I go day by day. And my calendar, we'll see weekly. Of course I'd love to be in Miami, and of course, I'd love to be in Madrid, and I'd love to be everywhere. I can't be everywhere. But of course, play in Madrid at home is always special."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TWmi9S

No comments