Breaking News

Nick Kyrgios: 'A lot of things have put me in a dark place'

In an interview to Tennis Channel, Nick Kyrgios commented on how injuries have influenced him in recent times. The Australian was often forced to withdraw from tournaments and last year he barely played matches from March to June. "I dealt with a lot of things the last couple of years and they put me in a dark place and I am responding well, I am just trying to find myself every day. I definitely know a lot of things, I got a lot of things on, I have to work harder, I got to work on my game harder maybe does involve getting a coach in and stop playing basketball for ridiculous hours but I am having fun with it. At the end of the day we are entertainers, we are putting in a good show, today I did well and hopefully, I can continue during the tournament."

Asked what he likes less and what he likes the most about travelling, Kyrgios added: "The thing I like less is to travel. I love home, I love seeing my family, my friends. Last year I spent six times away from home which is tough. I am 23 which I feel like is relatively young to be away from home, it's tough but this sport gives you the opportunity to do extraordinary things. I have my own Foundation back in Melbourne for disadvantaged kids to come and feel like they have a bit of a family. I have created some unbelievable friendships and I have had so many great memories and I am very blessed."

Kyrgios finally commented on the Hard Rock Stadium: "It's surreal, I did not know what to expect. I am not a massive NFL player but the facility is amazing, what a great job they have done, it's a massive upgrade. I have special memories from Crandon Park. Everyone is really enjoying it and the feedback from the players have been amazing."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OmpeY6

No comments