Breaking News

No one makes tennis look so nice like Roger Federer, says Toni Nadal

In an interview to El Confidencial, Rafael Nadal's uncle Toni commented on Roger Federer's greatness. Toni said: "You do not have a sportsman who dominates the game like him, and who makes his sport look so nice. All what he does, he does it in an amazing way. He is a complete player. He was the big Rafael's opponent for many years, I have an admiration for him tennis-wise, for what he does and for what he won. On court he is a very good example of what sport should be."

On Garbine Muguruza, Toni added: "She is a very good sportswoman and tennis player. When I saw her play for the first time, I thought she would get to world No. 1. Then I saw her at the French Open and I said it again. She is a great player although she sometimes lacked a certain consistency, I do not know why. She is young and she will definitely be at the top for many years."

On Carolina Marín, Toni concluded: "I coincided with her in several Rafael's matches, but I do not know her a lot. What's clear is that she marked the badminton history, a sport that was dominated by Asians."

He also spoke about Rafael: "We have a normal relationship between uncle and nephew. It was much easier to train being a direct family member."

Toni stopped his working co-operation with Rafael in the end of 2017 in order to focus on their Academy.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TB1wIy

No comments