Breaking News

Novak Djokovic reveals who was his tennis mother

Novak Djokovic conquered the Laureus Sports Award as the Sportsman of the Year. The Serbian player prevailed over Lewis Hamilton, LeBron James, Eliud Kipchoge, Kylian Mbappe and Luka Modric. Djokovic had a stunning comeback winning three Grand Slams in a row starting from 2018 Wimbledon and he is the world No. 1 again. Djokovic attended the ceremony on Monday in Monte Carlo with his parents, mother Diana and father Srdjan, his wife Jelena and agent Edoardo. In his speech, the 31-year-old said:

"Thank you, it's a privilege to share the stage with Monica Seles, I have dreamed of becoming something like you and your career. Jelena Gencic is not with us anymore, it's my tennis mother as I like to call her. She was a person that has influenced my life probably more than anybody at that stage of my career alongside my parents and I know she worked with me for many years and trust me, I knew everything about you, I knew you were going to bed at 9:30 PM, you are not drinking Coca Cola, you are also eating well, I had to grunt like you on the court. I had to be very aggressive and you have been my inspiration. Thank you, Laureus for doing such an incredible job with the sport. I didn't know what to expect this evening, I live by the philosophy "expect nothing" because then you will get everything. I would like to reflect a little bit on my journey, I would like to thank my wife for taking her time and presenting me in a different light and I think that there are rare occasions when we share our personal journeys and who we truly are behind the curtain."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HApzVE

No comments