Breaking News

Pundit explains main worry about Roger Federer's Miami Open campaign

Pundit Raffaella Reggi believes that Roger Federer will not be a strong favorite at the Miami Open. The Swiss played 11 matches between Dubai and Indian Wells and he did not always do to well in Miami because of the court conditions. "What worries me the most about Federer is the pretty slow surface which he may not like. Also, here it's more indoors, dry. We will see from his first round match on Saturday what his performance will be", said Reggi on Sky Sport.

On Fabio Fognini's tough year, Reggi added: "It's not easy when you face such a season. He needs to reset everything, he deals with pressure and a lack of motivation too because at this stage of your career he still needs to have the desire to go practice and fight on every point. He may be dealing with an injury, he played the South American clay-court swing. But tennis-wise, if he is okay mentally, he can do some great things."

After the loss to Thiem, Federer said: “It's hard to pinpoint exactly what went wrong [against Thiem]. The return he hits on the line at 5-all [in the third set], that's the one I needed, and I couldn't produce that. Why is that? You can start looking, digging so deep, and then you end up getting lost, rather than just saying he played maybe a little bit better when he really had to. I didn't feel like I played bad, either. I had my chances. I was in the points.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2USV01z

No comments