Breaking News

Roger Federer: I can't comment on Zverev possibly joining my agency

Roger Federer did not want to give details about Alexander Zverev possibly getting a deal with Team8, the management company started by the Swiss and his agent Tony Godsick. Zverev is involved in a legal dispute with Patricio Apey, whom he called as his "former agent" despite the Chilean claiming their contract to be until 2023. "I don't comment on that one. I know you're not talking about the tennis court, so I speak about the tennis court stuff. I'm a player and a client. I know you think I'm much more a teammate, whatever. I'm focused on playing. I just hope for him and his mind he can work things out. I cannot comment on anything," said Federer.

On how it felt to compete at the Hard Rock Stadium for the first time, Federer added: "It's always going to feel very different in a massive place like this. Yeah, it was definitely different, especially very different to Key Biscayne last year. I'm happy I got it out of the way. I'm happy I was able to find a way tonight. It was a good atmosphere at the end. I thought it was quite electric, how it usually is in Miami. I'm happy that hasn't gone away."

Albot said: “I would like to play against top guys. Now I had the chance to play against Roger and I’m not afraid to say I’d like to play against the top guys again. That’s why you practice, that’s why you compete at the highest level, to be able to get in position in the earlier or later stages of the tournament, hopefully, to compete against them and hopefully it will happen more in the future.”

Albot gave a tough fight to Federer and even won the first set. But the three-time former champion closed out the match winning 4-6, 7-5, 6-3. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Fx9tee

No comments