Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: My era with Roger Federer, Djokovic is a special one

In an interview to Notimex, Rafael Nadal was asked if the era including him, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic is the best ever. The Spaniard replied: "Results say it but I do not like to speak about it because I am a part of this generation, but the results in the Grand Slams, Masters 1000s, and records (that) we (have) achieved say that this is a special generation. In terms of results, I achieved much more than I ever dreamed, but the motivation and excitement to keep going, keep enjoying to have options, competing in the most important tournaments and stadiums, is why I am still competing. I do not know when my retirement will come, I go day-by-day, week-on-week, and year-on-year, then we will see what happens, I will play as long as I feel competitive and happy doing what I do."

Nadal competed in Acapulco last month and he enjoyed his experience there: "Mexico is a country where I feel very loved, very close and I can only say good things and have very good memories from it. Opening the Rafa Nadal Tennis Centre in the Grand Palladium resort, winning in Acapulco in the past and being happy to be competing for another year, all this is special, it motivates, excites me."

Nadal finally gave his opinion on the Next Generation: "You have a lot of good guys, Alexander Zverev, Denis Shapovalov, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Alex De Minaur, Felix Auger-Aliassime who reached the Rio de Janeiro final, you just have to give them time."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2FBWKXJ

No comments