Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Being a role model for kids is quite important'

Roger Federer massively appreciates the next generation of guys. The Swiss believes that tennis will not be in danger once he, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic retire from the professional sport. "I believe that we are very fortunate to have such a great huge group of players that inspired me to play tennis, that made me strong again. I hope my generation also helped to take the game to the next level, we saw more new stadiums, increasing tickets sale.

We live in a different world now, social media did not exist, fans seemed to only want to see the best and it will be interesting to see how the game will be doing once the top guys step back from the game. But tennis always has a way to create superstars, it always has great storytelling so I do not worry about the game. But for me, it's important to be a good role model to the kids and they look up to me and say: "Hi, look at Roger, Rafa, Novak or Stan what they are doing. They are great. Look at how they behave". I think it's important. For someone, it's maybe harder, more difficult or easier but for me, I found that quite important for kids."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HpkIHJ

No comments