Breaking News

Roger Federer explains how he would play against himself

How would Roger Federer play if he had to face himself? The Swiss was asked this intriguing question last week at the Dubai Open. He replied: "Like he (Philipp Kohlschreiber) did in the first two sets and then... I don't know, get off a better start, it's that simple? I am not sure, I would not anyway say it. This has to remain a secret or I will be out of the game very quickly."

The Swiss did not deliver his best tennis in all the five matches he played in Dubai, but he felt satisfied even with his wins like the one against Kohlschreiber: "Getting through somehow. At the end of the day, it's the result that really matters tonight, not if I felt good on the forehand or backhand or if footwork was there. I hope that is all going to fall into place as I play more matches here. These are kind of matches you just have to find a way to win."

Federer felt relieved after winning his 100th career-title. After defeating Kohlschreiber in the first round, he had said: "Hopefully, in a few days time but we still have a long way to go and I hope I don't have to speak about my 100th title for years, weeks or months to come, so I hope it's gonna happen here. I am part of the field, that's great, I am healthy, I give myself the best chance, the best looks, the draw is tough as always has been in Dubai which makes it extra hard for the players to win, but it's a great event and thanks for coming out again tonight. I hope I can win it here in Dubai, so let's see what happens."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2VPg8FM

No comments