Breaking News

Roger Federer: I had pasta at 9:30 AM before playing QF in Indian Wells

Roger Federer competed against Hubert Hurkacz at 11:00 AM on Friday in Indian Wells, which is quite an unusual time for him. The Swiss revealed how his preparation for the match went. "7:00 wakeup, and went to practice at 8:30. Went back to my house and took a shower," said Federer.

"Spoke about the match, had pasta at 9:30, and came over, taped, warmed up and played the game. Yeah, it's a bit different. The good thing is I knew for a day and a half that it was going to be an 11:00 start. So they warned me they're gonna put me at 11:00. I said, Okay. What can I say? You have no choice. I will just get ready. Just have to go to bed early enough. I did. And also knowing tomorrow anyway is going to be 11:00 or followed by, I think our match is followed by, but still, it requires early wakeup because you never know if it's followed by, if a guy is not gonna play, or whatever happens. You've just got to be alert. And it's a day session end to the tournament now. I think as long as it's not bouncing back and forth, you know, day and night, day and night all the time, I think this is easier. But it's true, especially if you're playing indoors and you're carrying an injury, 11:00 start is definitely not so easy."

Federer received a walkover into the final from his semi-final opponent Rafael Nadal, who injured his knee in his quarter-final against Karen Khachanov. In the final played on Sunday, Federer lost to Dominic Thiem 3-6, 6-3, 7-5. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Tjlvvg

No comments