Breaking News

Roger Federer: In the past I was crying every time after a match loss

Roger Federer did not have an easy childhood as at 14 years of age he leff his home to go train at the Swiss National Center in Ecublens. "In the beginning, I was missing my home. On Sunday night, when I left my home, it was difficult," admitted the Swiss as quoted by Illustre.

Federer also deals with losses better now. "Before, I was crying after every match lost. Now almost anymore, except in very close matches. I go taking a shower and I feel better after a while."

There is one thing that Federer always hated during his career: being nervous. "I hate it. If I notice that five minutes before a match my string is not tight enough, that's horrible," said the Swiss.

The comparison with the former world no. 9 and Olympic winner Marc Rosset is obvious, but Stefan Oberer, who coached the Geneva native for a long time, said: "They learn things quickly. But Roger is much stronger than Marc. He is less tense and he knows what he wants. Before going to the Orange Bowl, he did not hesitate in announcing that he wanted to be the best junior player. The Americans understood it. It has gone a lot of time since they last saw such a player, they say. What a very big potential."

Federer won the Orange Bowl and then he played Wimbledon. He has a funny thing to tell: "I did not know where I was anymore. At some point, I was sure that the net was too high... Also, he was suffering an injury. He showed his true character", insisted Oberer. "He was the talent of the decade, he played the way he would breathe."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TSxKUa

No comments