Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Matches against Rafael Nadal bring extra energy'

After his win over Hubert Hurkacz, Roger Federer commented on his rivalry with Rafael Nadal who he will face in Indian Wells. Speaking in an on-court interview, the Swiss said that the match may be extra special maybe for the fans than players themselves. "But I am happy too. But at the same time I always got to be first focus on my own game, but it's true then if I play Rafa there is extra energy in the building, extra energy for both of us, there is always a lot on the line, we have done so much promotional stuff for the tour, charity, matches, legendary matches that roll history so we are both excited. Maybe not quite like the fans but very excited nevertheless", said the Basel native.

He feels very excited to go all the way: "At this stage of the tournament, you have to bring your best game. I'm very excited to be in the semis here. Not that I didn't expect it, but it definitely went better than I thought it would."

On having won the last five matches played against Nadal, Federer added: "I don't think those five matches matter that much, to be honest. He seems to me very good. He's at a higher level than he was at the Australian Open. He seems healthy. When Rafa is healthy, especially in a place like here in Indian Wells where he feels comfortable, he's clearly very tough to play."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Y0nTdU

No comments