Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'People think that becoming world No. 1 was so easy for me'

Roger Federer was a great talented player since the beginning but he needed to work hard and improve a lot in order to have success at the highest level. That's why his big success was not something guaranteed. "I liked people saying you were gonna be a world No. 1. I always said: "That's easy for you to say". Yeah, people just throw that stuff out there and think it's so easy to achieve", said Federer.

Federer also spoke about the concept of recovery: "Quite honestly I have not spoken to anybody about recovery. For us tennis players it's quite difficult to start travelling with stuff. We have enough bags as it is and just now with the family even crazier already."

Asked how often he does treatments, Federer replied: "It's what I have to go through sometimes but the other day I was so tired from the jet lag and I said, I do not think I need a treatment tonight. I'd rather go to bed. And my physio was totally relaxed about that, so in terms of recovery I do so little in some ways, it's so simple that - because I do not like the ice bath, I do not do it."

Federer also commented on how it felt to triumph in Dubai, making a comparison with the 2018 season: "It reminds me a little bit of last year's Rotterdam when I got back to world No. 1. It's nice to have a successful week that makes you really happy early on in the season because it feels like it starts a little bit. We have already had a little bit with the Hopman Cup with Belinda we had a great week, I played some great tennis there but I think winning Dubai and getting to 100 and knotting having to carry that 99 titles with me for the entire season."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2HbYAk6

No comments