Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka: 'What happened to Chris Kermode is really sad'

After his three-set win on Friday in Indian Wells over Dan Evans, Stan Wawrinka commented on the ATP Chief Executive Chris Kermode leaving the board at the end of the year. “I’m really, really sad and disappointed about that", said the former world No. 3. "If you look what Chris achieved for the tennis, for every player, for every fan, for everyone around the tennis, it’s been amazing. So it was really sad news yesterday morning.”

Novak Djokovic reportedly backed Kermode leaving ATP Presidency. On it, Wawrinka added: “For sure I know a few players don’t like this decision, but I don’t know about every player. So I cannot really talk for every player. I would say it’s surprising and strange, I’d like to know exactly what they think about after (successor) because that’s the most important thing. When you change someone from that spot who’s doing so well for a few years, you need to have other option, or at least give something. But I’m not in the council, I’m not on the board, so I don’t know everything. I don’t know everything that’s happening. I just know from the players’ side from what I know. For me, I think it’s not the right decision to make, but again, I’m not in the council, so I cannot talk because they know more things than I do. There are some problems in general in politic, in tennis, in governance in the board, in everything. There is a lot of things happening that I don’t think they are right. But we have a council with players that are doing a lot of work, a lot of time for it, and they took the decision. I’m okay to always talk about what I feel, what I think. I’m not saying I’m right. I’m just saying that’s only my opinion. At the end of the day, it’s just what I feel.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TLKvjn

No comments