Breaking News

Roger Federer playing on clay again is good for tennis, says Rafael Nadal

In a press conference at the BNP Paribas Open Rafael Nadal commented on Roger Federer making his comeback to the clay-courts for the first time since the 2016 Rome Open. The Swiss is set to compete in Madrid and at the French Open in May. "It's his own decision", said Nadal, who last faced Federer on clay in the 2013 Rome Open final winning 6-1 6-3. "For my side, the only thing that I can say is positive news, because having the best players playing in more events is better for our sport. Having Roger playing on clay, of course, is better for the tournaments that he gonna play. Is better for the fans. And that's better for the players in general terms, too. Because when the top players are playing, the sport is bigger. So is good to have him."

On Chris Kermode leaving the ATP Presidency, Nadal said he would have loved players to come to him and ask for an opinion: "Normally, they have to ask the players about what they think to make a crucial decision like this one, and I really hope that they did with the rest of the players. If they did it, is great. It was not my case. That's all. Maybe I was -- and I have my phone with me. So nobody texted me to speak about or to ask me about what's my thoughts about that decision. But that's what happened."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Ja6lIW

No comments